Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

We went to the city of Surprise for the 4th of July activities because they seemed to have the earliest fireworks display (8:30 instead of 9:30). We got there at 5 when they opened to make sure we got tickets. We started out with some face painting. The boys weren't interested.

Isn't that the cutest patriotic kitty you've ever seen.

Next we had ballon things made. This time the boys were interested.

After that they had a whole bunch of the bouncy house and slide things set up all around, so we wandered around and let the kids play to their hearts content. Some of the slides were really high and I wasn't sure if the boys would make it to the top, but they persisted and did, and the payoff was worth it.






At about 6:15, we realized how insanely hot we were and the kids were all very flushed, so we decided to call it a day at the big events and took the kids home. As soon as it got dark, we took them out back for sparklers. Ky was SOOOO excited all the way home to do them, but once Kyle lit the first one, he wanted nothing to do with them.



After all this, we were going to put the boys to sleep then Haylee and I were going to drive over to a nearby park to watch fireworks, but Ky insisted on going with and stayed up till 8:45, so he, Haylee and I piled into the car and drove over to see them. They started just after nine and Ky couldn't take his eyes off of them (although he was having trouble keeping them open entirely). His first words were "those are beautiful!" Haylee also mentioned that I should have brought water cause she was hot and thirsty. This was the first year I had to still worry about getting to hot at fireworks and not if we had enough blankets. I'll know better for next year. After about 10 minutes though, they were done, so I took them home and tucked them in after a long day. It was lots of fun though, and worth the late night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like tons of fun! I am patiently waiting for them to do a carnival or something around here this summer. Lyndsee would love it