So, I spend my days perusing Craigslist for just the right find and last Friday I scored. These chairs were perfect, just ugly enough to get them for cheap, but you know they have lots of potential.
First the ugly chairs,

Seriously, why would anyone actually put those in their house.
So, after pulling out thousands of staples and getting rid of the ugly fabric (which sadly reminds me of my countertops, I can't wait till I can get those changed), they are already starting to look better.

Okay, not really, but I'm getting closer to them looking better.
Next, I took them outside to give them a nice coat of black. After using one bottle of black spray paint, which is all I bought, I ran out. So much for that. Then I remembered I had a can of black paint in the garage, the paint on kind though, not the spray kind, so I went back in for it. After many comments from my 3 year old that I was sitting in paint and getting paint on my clothes, they are all black and beautiful.

While they were drying I got the seats ready to go, pulled out a thousand more staples, then put a good thousand of my own back in and you get

I probably put it all together quicker then I should have, but the paint felt dry and we all know how much patience I possess, so here is the final product.

Only one chair is actually done, but isn't it beautiful? Don't look too closely, as I still have to add trim around the back, but again, no patience, so I'm posting the pics now. Tomorrow I'll get the other chair done and the trim attached, then they need throw pillows, but that's a project for another day.
First the ugly chairs,

Seriously, why would anyone actually put those in their house.
So, after pulling out thousands of staples and getting rid of the ugly fabric (which sadly reminds me of my countertops, I can't wait till I can get those changed), they are already starting to look better.

Okay, not really, but I'm getting closer to them looking better.
Next, I took them outside to give them a nice coat of black. After using one bottle of black spray paint, which is all I bought, I ran out. So much for that. Then I remembered I had a can of black paint in the garage, the paint on kind though, not the spray kind, so I went back in for it. After many comments from my 3 year old that I was sitting in paint and getting paint on my clothes, they are all black and beautiful.

While they were drying I got the seats ready to go, pulled out a thousand more staples, then put a good thousand of my own back in and you get

I probably put it all together quicker then I should have, but the paint felt dry and we all know how much patience I possess, so here is the final product.

Only one chair is actually done, but isn't it beautiful? Don't look too closely, as I still have to add trim around the back, but again, no patience, so I'm posting the pics now. Tomorrow I'll get the other chair done and the trim attached, then they need throw pillows, but that's a project for another day.
5 comments:
they look great! I love craigslist too!!!
once again you amaze me!
LOVE IT
way cute!
Looking good! You gave them new life. I have a hard time seeing what things could be.
Post a Comment