Thursday, December 17, 2009

Spelling

Now that Haylee has learned most of her phonics sounds, she's started sounding words out and spelling them. I'm really proud of the initiative she's taking and she's doing really well. She's very straight forward though and some things don't come out quite right and they are just too cute, so I'm adding some of her spellings here.

Thing (she can't quite say "th" and it comes out "f" and it's my favorite spelling) = fing

Grandma = grama, there is no "duh" in grama, so therefore there CANNOT be a d in it. I've tried to correct her but she's more stubborn then me and won't listen

Mouse = mas

Seal = Seel

There were a bunch of great ones on her Christmas list to Santa as well, but I don't remember where I put it, I mean, I mailed that off DAYS ago.

I keep encouraging her to keep trying and try to correct her when she'll let me, but for the time being, I'm just glad she's even trying and putting forth the effort. You'll all be getting fully handwritten, sounded out, spelled everything, letters from Haylee before too long.

No comments: