Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hexagon Quilt

So, in a moment of insanity, I think I'm going to make a hexagon quilt.  These are all hand sewn (only way to do it).

I need about 1200 hexagons for a 50x60, each flower has 7 hexagons, so at only 10 flowers a week it will take about 17 weeks to finish, then a couple more weeks to attach all my flowers together.

My goal is to cut out 70 hexagons and iron them onto fabric on Sat, baste them all on Sun, then Mon-Fri, sew the flowers together.

I shall post my progress here periodically for anyone that cares to follow along.

To start, my first flower.


Each flower will just be made from whatever scraps I have lying around.  I currently have 3 flowers done, so only 7 more needed by Saturday.

Okay, so I probably won't get all 10 done for this week, but I'll def get all 10 done next week.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

you are crazy!! can't wait to see it finished though!

Jenni said...

My MIL has been working on one for awhile....takes it camping and places with her that she can't take her machine. You can do it!

Tammy Anderson said...

Very ambitious! It will be beautiful!