Friday, September 17, 2010

Haylee funnies

First a little back story.  A while back, right before we went to Utah, Anastasia was the movie of the month (Haylee watches the same movie over and over for 2-4 weeks, then moves on to a different one).  She was completely fascinated by the part where Rasputin loses his body parts.  She asked me one day, "Mom, if you lose a leg will you die?"  I then proceeded to explain that no, the doctors could make you better if you lost a leg or and arm and you could get a "robot" one to replace it.  She then stated "But if you lose your head you die huh? Cause even though it's ugly, your brain is the smartest part of your body."  "Yes Haylee, if you lose your head, you'll die".

We then go to Utah and to Bear lake.  She is riding in the car with Uncle Josh I believe and Josh was trying to scare her by telling her there were sharks in the lake.  She responds as most 6 year olds would.

"If a shark bites your leg or arm off, you'll be okay, but if he bites your head off all your blood would come out and and the water would turn red and you would die."  They then explained they doubted one person would turn the water red, so she decided that "Ok, but if 100 people did it would". 

So fast forward to today.  We were at the grocery store and walk past a gentleman with a prostethic leg, Haylee immediately very matter of factly "You have a robot leg?"  He replied "Yep, a shark bit my real one off so I got this one." 

I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head "REALLY?" and as we were walking away, "I don't think that really happened."  "Well, it might have."  "You mean you REALLY can live if that happens?  I thought robot legs were pretend."

It was priceless, and okay, a little morbid, but mostly priceless.

No comments: