Friday, October 30, 2009

I finally got around to carving pumpkins this year. It's been years since we've done that (we usually just paint them). Next year though, I know we have to find a farm and pick them fresh. Haylee's pumpkin was moldy after 4 days and the second one isn't looking too hot either.

Haylee's pumpkin. She wanted him to be scare and did help me carve him.



Ky (who you think would be easy) would NOT pick a template to do. I showed him webpage after webpage of ideas and he just sat there with his finger to his chin going "hmmmm, no not those ones" over and over. I finally found Mickey and thought, he loves Mickey right now, but no, he didn't want that one, then we went to MORE websites, and then he would say, "Do Mickey", so we'd go back and he'd change his mind again. After about 15 minutes, I made him pick Mickey. It actually turned out really well, I'm proud of him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsee approves of the Mickey pumpkin. She LOVES Mickey and Handy Manny! We just did basic pumpkins this year

Sheri said...

Love them. They did a great job. I was thinking of carving one tomorrow, but I have no idea what to do.

Tammy Anderson said...

The pumpkins turned out cute! I'm happy you could get Ky to "choose" a pattern. We ended up with just glitter pumpkins...very messy.