Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A quick word on the boys.

I figured since I've been posting so much about Haylee lately, I better take a few minutes and jot down some notes on the boys. This will be quick, as it's bedtime and I have 3 kids calling with a stack of books they are ready to read, but I will expound on it more tomorrow. I just wanted to get something down before I forget completely (yes, I forget many things now a days). Also, I apologize ahead of time for there not being any pictures associated with this post either. I shall get some more up soon.

Even though I cried the night I took my pregnancy test with Ian and was overwhelmed by feelings of "How can I do this? I have a baby, I can't be pregnant, there's no way I'll make it", I cannot imagine life being any different now. The boys truly are best friends and I feel so blessed to be able to be their mother and able to watch and experience all their little moments and stepping stones as they grow up. Ky takes such good care of Ian, always sharing toys and food, checking on him to make sure he's okay, and inviting him to play. Ian looks up to Ky and wants to be just like him, don't you dare tell him he is smaller or younger, he CAN do everything Ky does. He mimics all of Ky's little quirks, learning how to do things from him. They sit and snuggle, play, and share together and I can just see the joy and love they have for each other, and I am so glad that the Lord knows what we need and when we need it. I will never tire of hearing Ky yell "Ian!" whenever he wakes up or comes into the room from being away for a while, and seeing Ky run up to him to give him a hug. I know that things won't always be easy or perfect, they aren't now, but the good moments far outweigh the bad and I know that together my boys truly can do anything.

No comments: